Experience, training, teamwork and communication
Dr. Teresa Sanz Maestro
Doctor in Stomatology
Clinics of Oviedo and Tineo
General Certificate of Secondary Education and A-Levels at the Instituto Nacional de Bachillerato Femenino de Burgos
- Graduate in Medicine and Surgery from the University of Oviedo, June 1983.
- Degree examination, 22nd of October of 1983, in Oviedo.
- 4 Specialist Doctorate Courses, during the 84-85 academic year, obtaining Outstanding and Honours results.
- Qualified as Specialist Doctor in STOMATOLOGY from the University of Santiago de Compostela (1986-1988).
- During the months of July, August and September in the years 1987-88, she practised Oral Pathology, in the Hospital Nuestra Señora de Covadonga, together with Prof. Dr. J. López Arranz.
- Since 1988 she has practised privately as a Specialist in Stomatology in Oviedo and Tineo.
- She has presented lectures on the whitening of vital teeth in Benasque (Huesca) and at the head offices of the College of Stomatologists during the years 1993 and 1994.
Courses and Conferences:
- Course in Cosmetic dentistry, 14 hours duration; Prof. D. L. Quirós, (University of Mississippi), Madrid, 27th and 28th of March of 1987.
- Endodontics Conference; Valladolid, 1987.
- Course on Fixed Prostheses; Dr. Mallat, Santiago de Compostela, 4th, 5th, 6th and 7th of May of 1988.
- Course at the XI Annual Meeting of the Spanish Society of Paediatric Dentistry; Santander, 12th and 14th of October of 1989.
- On-going Training programmes, sponsored by the College of Stomatologists of Spain.
- Endodontics Conference; Valladolid, 1990.
- Courses in Adhesive Dentistry; Oviedo, 23rd of November of 1991.
- Course in Rehabilitation with telescopic prostheses, 8 teaching hours; Oviedo, 23rd of April of 1994.
- Course in Emergencies in the odonto-stomatology consultancy, 9 teaching hours; 13th of June of 1992.
- Course in Training for Supervisors of Dental Radiology Facilities, held by INFOCITEC and homologated by the Council of Nuclear safety; Oviedo, 9th, 10th and 11th of April, passing the corresponding examination.
- Advanced course in Fixed prostheses, 12 hours; Dr. Mallat, 3rd and 4th of June of 1994.
- Diverse courses and symposia on Oral Implantology, which she performs as a sub-specialty in Alicante, Barcelona, Madrid, Cuenca, Burgos and belonging to Scientific Societies such as CEIP.
- Symposium “Combined Clinical Decisions in Restorative Dentistry and Periodontics”; Dr. Myron Nevins, Dr. Daniel Buser, Dr. Lloyd Miller, Dr. David A. Garber, Dr. Domingo Martín Salvador, Dr. Jaime del Río Highsmith, Dr. Juan Salsench Cabré and Dr. Alberto Sicilia Felechosa. Universidad Complutense de Madrid, 8th of April of 2000.
- Course in “Cosmetic Dentistry. Ceramic facets, complex treatments”. Dr. Larry Rosenthal. Madrid, 24th of June of 2000.
- Basic course in “Periodontal Plastic Surgery”. Dr. Javier García Fernández. Oviedo, 23rd and 24th of June of 2000.
- Course: “Refresher course for the General Dentist”. Dr. José Javier Echeverría, Dr. Pere Harster, Dr. José Luis Navarro, Dr. Joaquín Porta, Dr. Eduard Padrós and Dr. Joan Pi. CLINICA GINGIVA. Madrid, 28th of Octber of 2000.
- Theory-practical course in Post-graduate Training in Periodontics. CLINICA GINGIVA. Dr. Javier García Fernández. 2001 course (150 teaching hours).
- Course for “Specialisation in Periodontics”. Instituto de Prevención y Asistencia, S.A., in collaboration with the Faculty of Stomatology of la Habana. Madrid, from 25th to 29th of June of 2001 (40 teaching hours).
- Course on “Periodontal Surgery”. Instituto Superior de Ciencias Médicas de La Habana (Cuba), 29th of June of 2001 (40 teaching hours).
- Course on “Practical Endodontics”. Dr. Manuel Peix Sánchez. Oviedo, 23rd of March of 2002.
- Course: “The role of aesthetics in Periodontics and Implantology”. Dr. Carlo Tinti. Oviedo, 25th and 26th of October of 2002.
- Clinical Residency on Implant Surgery. Advanced techniques. Dr.Palomero: Pamplona,2003.
- Course on Immediate Prostheses on Implants. Dr.Iñaki Gamborena. San Sebastian, March 2005.
- World Conference. Nobel Biocare. Las Vegas. USA from 5th -10th of June 2005.
- Implants Course. All on Four Technique: Dr.Maló.
- Scientific Seminars at the XXXIV Annual SEPA Conference. Oviedo, from 16th to 18th of November 2000.
- IX National Conference of SEOC and I Spanish-Portuguese Conference on Conservative Dentistry. Oviedo, 10th of November of 2001.
- XXXIX Annual Meeting of the Spanish Society of Periodontics and Osseointegration. Barcelona, from 5th to 7th of May of 2005.
- VI Winter Meeting of SEPA-SEPES-SECIB. Baqueira-Beret, from 12th to 19th of March of 2006.
- Course "Orthodontics as part of periodontal therapy. Implants and Orthodontics". Dr. Giuliano Maino.Oviedo, 26th of November of 2005.
- Course "Botulinum Toxin in Dentistry". Dr. David Dana. Madrid, 7th of July of 2006.
- Course "Lip augmentation with Hyaluronic Acid in Dentistry". Dr. David Dana and Dr. Howard Katz. Madrid, 8th of July of 2006.
- Course "Restorative Prosthetic Solutions with Fixed Prostheses and Implant-supported prostheses". Dr. Fernando Sabrás Puras and Dr. Andrés Fraile Gutiérrez. Oviedo, 21-22 of February of 1997.
- Training Course "Nobel Guide computer based". Dr. Pedro Peña.Madrid, 14th and 15th of September of 2006.
- Seminar by Sally McKenzie. "Efficiency in the management of a dental consultancy". Oviedo, 29th and 30th of September of 2006.
- Course "Invisalign. Invisible Orthodontic Treatment". Madrid, 20th of October of 2006.
- Course “Radiological exploration in the consultancy of the general Odonto-stomatologist”. Dr. José María Sarret Marín. Oviedo, 3rd and 4th of May of 1996.
- Course “Advanced Cosmetic Prosthodontics”. Dr. Darío Adolfo. Maló Education. Lisboa, 26th -28th of March of 2007.
- Course “TC and digital Orthopantomography in Implantology and Magnetic Resonance in TMJ disorders”. Dr. Luis Carlos Hernández and Dr. Martín Puente Rodríguez. Oviedo, 20th-21st of April of 2007.
- 41st Annual SEPA Meeting. Sevilla, 10th – 12th of May of 2007.
- 42nd Annual SEPA Meeting. Bilbao, 22nd to 24th of May of 2008.
- Collaborator in the Campaign “Gum Health 2009”, promoted by the General Council with the scientific collaboration of the Spanish Society of Periodontics. June of 2009.
- Collaborator in the Campaign “Prevention and early Diagnosis of Oral Cancer”, promoted by the General Council with the scientific collaboration of the Spanish Society of Oral Medicine, Spanish Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery and the Spanish Society of Oral Surgery. November of 2009.
- 43rd Annual SEPA Meeting. Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, 12th to 14th of November of 2009.
- 44th Annual SEPA Meeting. Girona, 20th to 22nd of May of 2010.
Orthodontics Courses and Conferences:
- Course on “DIAGNOSTICS IN ORTHODONTICS”; Department of Orthodontics, Paediatric Dentistry and Prophylaxis of the University of Santiago de Compostela, 20th and 21st of January of 1988.
- ORTHODONTICS COURSE AND PRACTICE on Progressive Biomechanical Technique, Dr. Coco García, 90 teaching hours; Bilbao, 1992.
- INSTITUTE FOR THE DEVELOPMENT AND UPDATING OF PROFESSIONALS: S. C. ORTHODONTIC DEPARTMENT “PROGRESSIVE BIOMECHANICS / ORTHOPAEDIC APPLIANCES”, 90 hours; Bilbao, 21st of June of 1992.
- CODES, “Paediatric Dentistry”, 8 hours; Oviedo, 9th of October of 1993.
- ORTHODONTICS COURSE, Prof. Dr. Juan Cobo Plana; 12 teaching hours; Oviedo, 5th and 6th of November of 1993.
- ORTHODONTICS COURSE, Straight-Arch Technique; Prof. Dr. Juan Cobo Plana; 24 teaching hours;26th and 28th of November of 1993.
- LANWERENCE F. ANDREWS FOUNDATION FOR ORTHODONTIC EDUCATION AND RESEARCH. 2025 CAATSWORTH BLVD, SAN DIEGO. CALIFORNIA 92107 “The straight-wire appliance”. Oviedo, 26th, 27th and 28th of November of 1993.
- THEORETICAL-PRACTICAL COURSE ON ORTHODONTICS. “Fixed apparatus – Straight Arch”; Dr. Alijarde Guimerá and Dr. Vicente Olmos Izquierdo (Madrid).
- MÁSTER IN ORTHODONTICS PROGRESSIVE ORTHODONTIC SUPPLIES. STRAIGHT ARCH TECHNIQUE (P.O.S.); Dr. McGann and collaborators; 2 years duration (1996-1998).
- SEMINAR ON COMMON SENSE MECHANICS. Dr. Thomas Mulligan. Bilbao,24th and 25th of April of 1998.
- Progressive Orthodontic Seminars “DISCOVERY SEMINAR”. Dr. McGann. Madrid, 16th and 17th of January of 2003.
- Postgraduate course “LINGUAL ORTHODONTICS” 1º SPANISH WORKSHOP. Sevilla, 6th and 7th of November of 2003.
- Course in Advanced Lingual Orthodontics “The State of the art in Lingual Orthodontics”. Dr. Silvia Geron. San Sebastián, 3rd-4th of October of 2008.
- “Advanced Series of Progressive Orthodontic Seminars”. December 2009.
- “Non- Cooperative Ortho Annual Update Seminar” Progressive Orthodontic Seminars. Madrid, 14th and 15th of March of 2010.
Courses and Symposia on Implantology:
- COURSE ON SURGICAL PATHOLOGY AND OSSEOINTEGRATED IMPLANTS: Given by professors from the School of Stomatology of Santiago de Compostela; 20th and 21st of May of 1988.
- COURSE ON BRANEMARK OSSEOINTEGRATED IMPLANTS: Given by Dr. U. Lenolm, Dr. T. Jemt, Dr. E. Mallat, Dr. J. L. Navarro and Dr. G. Raspall on 25th , 26th and 27th of January of 1990.
- SPANISH CLUB OF ORAL IMPLANTOLOGY AND IMPLANTOLOGY AND IMPLANT PROSTHESIS. “II Seminars on Implant Surgery”, “II Franco-Spanish seminars on Implant Surgery”, under the direction of Prof. Francis Poulmaire from the University of Avignon. Madrid, 22nd and 23rd of February of 1991.
- IV INTERNATIONAL SYMPOSIUM ON ORAL IMPLANTOLOGY. Burgos, 20th, 21st and 22nd of November of 1992.
- ORAL IMPLANTOLOGY. In collaboration with the College of Stomatologists; Cuenca, 25th and 26th of November of 1993.
- ORAL IMPLANTOLOGY AND IMPLANT PROSTHESIS CLUB. “V Symposium on Oral Implantology”. Alicante, October/November of 1993.
- SPANISH CLUB OF ORAL IMPLANTOLOGY AND IMPLANT PROSTHESIS. “VI Symposium on Oral Implantology”. Marbella, 10th to the 14th of October of 1994.
- SPANISH CLUB OF ORAL IMPLANTOLOGY AND IMPLANT PROSTHESIS. “CEIP’s VII International Symposium on Oral Implantology”. Santander, 30th of March to 1st of April of 1995.
- 3i CERTIFICATE OF ACHIEVEMENT SURGICAL SEMINAR. “A new method of Implant Surgery: The osteotome technique”.
- INTERNATIONAL SYMPOSIUM ON DENTAL IMPLANTOLOGY. Orlando (Florida), 27th and 28th of July of 1995.
- CEIP’S IX INTERNATIONAL SYMPOSIUM ON ORAL IMPLANTOLOGY. “Surgical techniques for the insertion of implants in areas of deficient bone”. Barcelona, 20th of March of 1997.
- CEIP’s IX INTERNATIONAL SYMPOSIUM ON ORAL IMPLANTOLOGY. “Seminars for Odonto-stomatologists and Maxillofacial Surgeons”. Barcelona, 21st and 22nd of March of 1997.
- INTERNATIONAL SYMPOSIUM ON ORAL IMPLANTOLOGY. Donostia, 6th and 7th of November of 1998.
- I EURODENT CRUISE CONFERENCE. Updating in Implantology (Branemark System), 27th of June to 4th of July of 1998.
- Course on “Surgical Techniques in Osseointegrated Implants”. Dr. Ramón Martínez Corría. Oviedo, 30th and 31st of March of 2001.
- Nobel Biocare World Tour 2008. Madrid, 26th to 27th of September of 2008. Practical workshop: clinical and laboratory protocols for provisionalization. Provisional solutions. Dr. Javier Sola.